The newspaper I believe on Thursday, the front page had the story about the ban on gay marriage in 3 different states. These states were Arizona, Florida and California. For my friends who are McCain voters, this was big. Many of my friends are conservatives, which drove them to vote for McCain instead of Obama. Since Obama is now the president, the fact that California banned gay marriage was huge. To some conservatives (including myself), the banning of gay marriage were answered prayers, both from the many prayer rallies, and by individuals. For myself this was huge, as an Obama supporter, what made me 2nd guess a few times on where I stood, was the morals, and in some ways Obama was way too far-left. Now that something like this is happening... perhaps I can have best of both worlds, and not only that, but maybe McCain supporters are beginning to like their new president-elect just a bit more for these same reasons.
Newsworthy Value... 5 out of 5 for timeliness, the votes on proposition 8 just happened this week.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is a really controversial issue. The fact that we are in a country whose foundation is based on freedom of choice makes this a very touchy topic. I don't think that those states banning gay marriage will make anyone more inclined to Obama or McCain, since it's a state decision and not a president's decision.
Post a Comment