Saturday, September 20, 2008
Texting!
The article about texting and the laws being passed for it caught my eye... because I'm a young adult and I text a lot. The article was pretty funny. A guy mentions how texting distracts people and some people are always looking down, sometimes running into parking meters. That's pretty funny, I would love to see that happen to someone. The laws being passed are for drivers and train conductors. Too many incidents both minor and fatal, have happened from people texting. The article also mentions how texting has just become a bad habit. I agree with that, sometimes it gets annoying when people are texting, and I'm guilty of it also. When eating dinner with my family, my parents always get annoyed when I'm texting at the table. But I feel it's pretty embarassing that people are getting into severe accidents, because of this though... You either learn to multitask or you stop doing such a thing.. this goes with everything. Why do laws have to be passed? This goes with everything, any mobile device or distraction... If you walk onto on coming traffic, because you're doing something else... it's your fault... you were stupid. End of discussion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I found your perspective on this article really interesting. You're right about there being a law passed because it does bring to question how many laws have to be created for people to understand things that should come as common sense. I didn't read the article, so I would've liked to know more about that the article said about the events that led to the law having to be passed.
While yes, I do agree with you, and feel that more people need to take more responsibility for their own actions, I also feel that the city is discussing legislation for good reason. There have clearly been enough incidents to have it brought to their attention. Unfortunately, some people just don't get it. I do feel that their is a fine line between passing helpful legislation and ridiculous ones.
Post a Comment