Sunday, October 26, 2008
Computer start times too long?
One of today's front page stories, was about how some people were complaining about the 3-5 minute boot time for their computers. People demand that companies should start making fast booting computers... Now don't get me wrong I don't just sit there for 3 minutes looking at it boot. I'd do something else like some of the people in the article said they do. Whether it is brush teeth, use the bathroom, what ever. But it is definitely not something to complain about. I just feel it is ridiculous how impatient society has become. Everything needs to be quick, with instant satisfaction. Cell phones, texting, emails, the internet high speed, faster cars, everything needs to get quicker and quicker. Which I feel is a good thing... if the technology is there use it. But the impatience is ridiculous... People can't live without instant gratification, 3 minutes for the computer to boot up is not the end of the world to make the front page of the paper!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha...i totally agree with you..
I would turn it on and take care of other things while it loads.My computer can take about 7 minutes to load sometimes and yea it annoys me but there's really nothing i can do about it(unless to buy a new one.)
Post a Comment