Friday, November 28, 2008

I'll still do Black Friday...

I am sure all of you have heard of the incidents that occurred at a Walmart during black friday earlier today. One of the workers was trampled by a mob who rushed into the store and killed him. I love black friday, it is such a fun experience for me. Last year I camped with my cousin and a few friends at a local Best Buy for 36 hours, and the rewards is getting whatever I want and to stare back at a long abyss of a line that stretched around the whole parking lot. From my experience last year, I can see how this could have happened. Everyone is constantly pushing and shoving, and the mob mentallity kicks in. When a pregnant lady was being squished by the line I was on last year, and people were being told to thin the line out (because the line became 5-6 people thick), no one listens. Everyone is looking out for themselves, and it is kind of like the voting mentallity. Everyone thinks "someone else will do it, I'm just 1 person, it doesn't matter if I don't do it," and what ends up happening is no one does anything! So I can see when this poor guy was pushed or shoved to the ground, no one thought to stop and help this man, he was just trampled, and people just kept running over him until he was killed. What a sad way to go...

Timeliness... this story gets a 5, it just happened today.

2 comments:

yay yay yayyyyyyyy said...

When it's all said and done, people are going crazy for objects that depreciate in value. It's not worth killing someone for, say, a flat screen tv. I have never understood this hair-brained tradition, and I do not want to partake in it. Besides, I have full month to buy gifts for the family

Mirelis said...

This story was VERY shocking to me. I can't believe no one stopped for a second to help the poor man up. Can you imagine what his family must feel?

I went shopping VERY early yesterday and noticed that the sales weren't even all that. I won't be pulling an all nighter for Black Friday ever again!