Monday, October 20, 2008

Susan G Komen for the cure!

I came across an article a little while ago about breast cancer and pregnant women, that pregnant women are more likely to suffer from breast cancer, because some women overlook the fact that there are lumps in their chest. When pregnant it is natural for a woman's breast to be tender, so statistically most women don't report it until about 12-16 months after birth. I'm glad that there are so many things being done to support the Susan G Komen cause. Never in my life have I seen so much support for breast cancer awareness. I saw many people wearing the shirts, pink empire state building, the whole block where bloomingdales is in the city was all pink in honor of it, pink nike swooshes on baseball player gloves, pink nintendo DS, pink HP laptop from bestbuy... and many other various things. It is great to see a cause getting so much recognition, that kind of stuff is always pretty cool in my opinion.

1 comment:

LisbethReyna said...

wow Zhen..i read about the same thing and i even blogged on a similar story. When i read the story i was impressed because i didn't know that many women can have breast cancer and still be pregnant. They are now investigating ways of delivering the baby without any problems and still cure breast cancer..I'm delighted that we both read about the same topic..